The USAID Jordan Local Enterprise Support Project (LENS) is looking to hire a freelance graphic designer on a consultant basis for a period of 45 days from January to March 2016.
The overall purpose of this consultancy is to provide support art direction and graphic design support to USAID LENS activities in two major areas:
• Design of training materials: USAID LENS is providing training to strengthen local businesses in the bee-keeping sector, promote professional beekeeping technical practices as well as disease and pest management. A graphic designer is needed to produce materials for the training workshops which will commence in March 2016.
• Design of branding materials for several small businesses: USAID LENS is providing several micro and small businesses with grants to help them grow. Some of these businesses are new and need marketing support. The graphic designer will help to design simple marketing materials such as shop signs, flyers and business cards for 5 businesses.
NOTE: All materials will be designed in Arabic.
1. Bee-keeping training materials:
- Design of training manual for beekeepers: manual will be designed in 4 colors, approximately 150-200 pages, page size: 17 x 24 cm
- Design of PPT or PDF presentation slides adapted from the training manual to be used during training workshops
- Design of a spiral-bound, laminated, reusable bee-keeping calendar/check list that can be used year-round by beekeepers. The number of pages for the calendar will be around 18-24 pages, 17x24 cm in size.
- Design of a tool to track queen-rearing. This will be a tool made of thick, laminated card that includes a spinning wheel with multiple, colored segments.
- Design of a tool to manage varroa (mites associated with honey bees). This will be a tool made of thick, laminated card that includes a spinning wheel with multiple, colored segments.
2. Marketing materials for small businesses (exact specifications to be provided later):
- Business #1: Design of shop sign
- Business #2: Design of business cards, brochures, banner and shop sign
- Business #3: Design of banner and posters
- Business #4: Design of shop sign and business cards
- Business #5: Design of shop sign, business cards, flyer, banner and online marketing ads
- Must be based in Amman, Jordan
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
- Excellent proficiency with Adobe design software including Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Flexibility with working at the USAID LENS Amman office as required
- Flexibility with traveling to areas outside of Amman (to visit USAID LENS supported businesses in Irbid, Zarqa and other areas) if needed. Transportation will be provided by USAID LENS
- Excellent skills with using Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and be accountable for project outcomes
Short-listed candidates will be asked to send their CV and contact information for three references. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Award Type and Selection Criteria:
Payment will be based upon level of effort with reimbursement for related, budgeted expenses (see above). Award will be based upon best value (a combination of qualifications and proposed daily rate).
Deadline to apply: January 10, 2016