Senior Graphic Designer21-01-2018
- Full Time
- Location: United Arab Emirates
- Skills :
- Budget : Undecided
- Years of Experience : 6-10
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
An exciting opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and industry-experienced Senior Graphic Designer to join our busy, dynamic design studio working on a variety of graphic design tasks and developing original creative executions for experiential/events, digital/social, promotions/competitions, branding, creative displays and print.
Located at Dubai Media City, PMG is a well-established, small-sized agency with a proven track record of delivering innovative, cutting-edge solutions to our strong client base.
Our high-paced environment requires a proactive individual, with a positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic who can deliver great designs and manage multiple projects, ensuring short deadlines are met.
The key responsibilities of the role include working across multiple brands and clients; creating artwork for magazines, signage, point of sale, promotions, unique displays, branding, typography, retouching, and press; along with developing creative concepts from ideation to execution as well as working with our talented creative team to bring ideas to life.
This is a great opportunity to take a strong creative lead in the agency and help bring your creative experience and expertise to the various executions we work on day to day.
Some Key Responsibilities
• Develop creative concepts for advertising or promotional campaigns
• Present ideas to account service and clients with relevant rationale
• Require solid leadership skills to oversee, monitor and up-skill the junior designers
• Digital and graphic design skills: extensive knowledge of graphic design and relevant software is vital i.e proficient in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Able to make digital artwork updates, edits or develop new key visuals from scratch and roll out to various sizes and materials
• Amend ideas in line with client requests and explain what is and is not possible
• Keep account service abreast of progress and answer their questions
• Storyboard/scamp the translation of ideas for the designers to execute
• Help with execution of creative concepts
• Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
• Evaluate and—if necessary—alter the content of projects before completion
• Ensure the organisation and execution of visuals are consistent with the overall brand and strictly adhere to brand guidelines
• Assist with conception of headlines, straplines, mechanics and body copy
• Must be good at creating concepts for others to work on and must have a keen awareness of current trends in advertising and graphic design
• Communication and presentation skills: you will need excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills in order to pitch ideas to account service and clients and also explain your ideas to members of the creative team
• Excellent interpersonal skills are a must. You will need a clear creative vision while remaining open to other ideas
• Supervisory experience, including leadership, team-building and delegation would be an advantage
• Friendly, humble, empathatic and a sociable personality that can work well within a team as well as take initiative when needed to assist with the design studio
• Oversee photo shoots and give creative direction as well as guide the designers on how the images should be handled and treated to fit within the required artwork
• Familiarity with film-making techniques, video editing, copywriting and HTML skills are a bonus
• To be eligible for the role you will have 5+ years industry experience and should be able to demonstrate great competency with a wide variety of design styles and projects; both technical and creative.
You must be highly proficient with Adobe CC on Mac with an excellent technical ability and strong attention to detail with a sound knowledge of print production and pre-press standards.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple jobs at any one time and prioritise jobs to meet client deadlines. They will possess a genuine enthusiasm for the work and will go above and beyond to exceed client expectations.