Media & Marketing Assistant Officer15-12-2011
- ميزانية العمل : غير متوفر
- سنوات الخبرة : 1-2
Ashoka is the global association of the world's leading social entrepreneurs, men and women with system changing solutions for the world's most urgent social problems. Social entrepreneurs are individuals with innovative solutions to society's most pressing social problems. From its Regional Office in Cairo Ashoka Arab World creates a competitive, entrepreneurial, and globally integrated citizen sector and develops the profession of social entrepreneurship. Ashoka currently works with over 50 Ashoka Fellows located in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.
Assists the Executive team (RD, CR, OM) and the Media Officer in the following areas:
Media - Within the overall policy of the office, and under the direct supervision of the executive team, the Assistant Officer:
- Supports team in engaging international media by signaling relevant developments in the work of Ashoka and its Fellows and informing journalists of these periodically, which can be done through (bi-) monthly newsletters or e-mail updates.
- Helps team in facilitating international media-coverage of Ashoka and its Fellows by providing information that links the work of Ashoka Fellows to current national, regional or global events, presenting particularly ' hot' or ' visual' stories that engage audiences, so that journalists can write print features, documentary film pieces or produce news broadcasts.
Ashoka Arab World Publications:
- Assists Executive Team in preparing the Annual Report.
- Supports Executive Team in preparing AWSIF publications as needed.
- Helps in preparing other marketing materials as required.
- Assists in coordinating relevant video and other visual productions
- Explore new media publication possibilities such as Ashoka Arab World Podcast
Ashoka Arab Online Presence: Under supervision of Operations Manager
- Moderates Ashoka Arab World Blogs and Regional Website. Update content regularly and upload new marketing materials as necessary.
- Moderates Google-alerts on international media coverage of Ashoka and Fellows. Changes settings with the election of new Fellows.
- Updates and maintains Ashoka Arab World Facebook group/page and Youtube Channel
- Moderates Twitter account
- Identifies and activates additional use of internet-based media and marketing tools
- Helps executive team in preparing and distributing monthly e-newsletter
Research: Under supervision of Operations Manager
- Researches new media partnerships and supports develop engagement strategy with Officer and team
- Researches and supports preparation of briefs for potential donors and strategic partners
- Supports Executive Team and Development Officer in proposal-writing
- Provides other research support upon request of Executive team
- Assists Regional Director in any admin, research or programmatic task when needed.
- Together with her/his supervisor, the staff member will develop a performance agreement at the beginning of her/his term. This agreement will include goals, measures and expected results and will be the baseline for the performance review to take place after the first six months and the end of the year.
- Together with her/his supervisor, the staff member will develop an annual plan of action. This plan will be created at the beginning of the year and updated on a monthly basis.
- Based on annual action plan, a monthly workplan with all activities to be executed during the month will be sent to Regional Director and supervisor.
- Staff member will send a weekly time-sheet to be sent at the end of Thursdays to the Operations Manager.
- Staff member will send a monthly report with all activities executed during the month; to be sent to Operations Manager, Financial Manager and Regional Director on the 25th of each month.
- Assists the team in any administrative, research or programmatic task when needed.
B.A. in a relevant fiel