MS in Computer Science or Engineering Degree
Hold an appropriate Microsoft Certification or Accreditation
Overview of the role
The successful candidate will need to have an experience in selling Enterprise technology solutions to large institutions especially government. Being knowledgeable in Microsoft technologies is a definitive asset including SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics ERP, Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Enterprise Project Management (EPM), Microsoft BizTalk Server, Microsoft Unified Communications, Insights & Search solutions, Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions, Workflow Automation, etc... The candidate will be responsible for introducing and marketing the above solutions in the market.
The Sales Manager is expected to develop the sales team and be responsible of all sales activities into an assigned geographic territory. He will staff and direct a sales team and provide leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. He will establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and will contribute to the development and training for Account Executives.
The Manager will be expected to be a good communicator, leader, motivator and influencer. It is necessary to possess a sufficient breadth of technical knowledge to be able to lead from the front but the key emphasis of this role is on management. The Sales Manager and his team will need to liaise with PMO, Project Managers, Support Services and work closely with the other Solution Development Managers and Technical Managers within Solution Development in respect of presales activities, project activities, marketing and other needed activities.
Responsibilities of a Sales Manager will include:
- Developing a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsibility for the performance and development of the Account Executives.
- Preparing action plans by individuals as well as by team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiating and coordinating development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Conducts one-on-one review with all Account Executives to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive's sales and activity performance.
- Providing timely feedback to senior management regarding performance.
- Providing timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintaining accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Account Executives.
- Creating and conducting proposal presentations and RFP responses.
- Assisting Account Executives in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Controlling expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Insuring that all Account Executives meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes.
- Delegating authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up.
- Setting examples for Account Executives in areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
- Conducting regular coaching and counseling with Account Executives to build motivation and selling skills.
- Maintaining contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Demonstrating ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
The candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in sales management.
- A minimum of 10 years o