Yahoo! is focused on creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than half a billion people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. Yahoo!’s unique combination of Science + Art + Scale connects advertisers to the consumers who build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog, Yodel Anecdotal (yodel.yahoo.com).
• Lead visual design development throughout the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables
• Translate conceptual ideas into engaging visual presentations and design solutions
Minimum job qualifications:
• Strong understanding of user-centered design principles.
• 2+ years of experience designing web or software applications.
• Formal education in graphic design, digital design, or related field preferred.
• Solid knowledge of core web graphics tools and understanding of current web technologies.
• Mastery of web design principles, information design, typography, color, layout.
• Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash.
• W3C standards.
• Works well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Good sense of humor.
• HTML/XHTML/CSS DHTML - nice to have.
• PHP - nice to have.
Please send portfolio URLs in addition to your resume.
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.