• Implement defined content strategy that delivers a compelling Apps experience for users and content partners
• Determining the most compelling hero story and image across Apps
• Determining the right content mix of partner content within each cluster
• Adhering to defined editorial tone and voice
• Select compelling photo images to create a strong visual solution that appropriately tells an engaging story
• Undertake necessary image production activities
– Resize and crop images
– Color correcting
– Clean masking on all image composites
– Adjust resolution as required
– Correct and succinct attribution on all images
• Work closely with engineering to scope and enhance publishing tools
• Operate in a team that delivers creative content programming that is vibrant and engaging, as well as able to support a variety of business models
• Day-to-day content publishing, including hands-on work (copyediting, headline writing, photo selection, multimedia integration, etc)
• Successfully utilize social media as an additional entry point for channel content.
Reporting & analysis
• Use analytics to refine programming strategies and increase user engagement Knowledge and Experience
• Five to ten years’ editorial experience in a consumer-focused daily publishing environment, within the online content publishing business.
• Exceptional editorial judgment with the ability to select compelling stories.
• Proven ability to make rapid decisions in high pressure situations
• Must have a track record of smart news judgment
• Ability to work quickly and juggle a number of projects simultaneously
• Willingness to adapt to changes in the online publishing environment
• Excellent working knowledge of image story-telling.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
• Extensive experience of web publishing platforms, including Photoshop, HTML and CMS skills.
• Familiarity with audience tracking tools including Omniture, Google Analytics etc, and understanding of online metrics such as PVs, UVs, time online, video streams and search transfers
• Ability to capture the essence of storytelling and digital curation
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Openness, collaboration and the ability to work in a group setting.
• Proven analytical & problem-solving skills and an ability to learn and adapt in changing environments.
• Very strong team player with ability to work on own initiative
• Highly organized with attention to detail
• Should be educated to degree level - degree in Journalism, English or Communications preferred
• Ability to work a variable shift pattern, as editorially necessary