Nahdet El Mahrousa (NM) is seeking an exceptional, details-oriented, and committed intern interested in non-profit marketing and communication.
This position has the opportunity to gain insight and experience in the non-profit sector. Aspects of marketing, journalism, on-line social networking and other areas of interest will be incorporated into the internship.
Overall Job Description The communications Intern will work closely with NM Communication Officer. This will include contributing to the design and content of NM website and marketing materials. Additionally, the communications intern will have the opportunity to work on projects involving video editing, marketing design, and strategic planning, allowing for valuable experience in the field of communications.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. NM Website
· Assist in content development and strategy for NM Website
· Write/Edit/Compile articles and other content for website, blog and social media
· Coordinating with NM Programs for their website content pages
· Coordinating the translation of the site into Arabic
· Edit video and photos for website and social media
2. Social Media
. Create and maintain a content editorial calendar
· Coordinate with NM programs to identify events/activities to be announced through
· Monitor and engage on various social media platforms
· Internet research to find and engage with social media communications
3. Marketing materials and announcements
· Work with communications & business development officers to develop/design organizational publications
· Proofread materials ready for production
· Write and distribute NM Announcements
· Gather photos for various materials produced including slide show presentations
· Research for content , ideas and inspiration
· Assist with documenting marketing and social media efforts
· Assist in the development of strategic planning for marketing and social media efforts
· Other tasks as delegated by NM communication officer
· Pursuing an undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism during the semester you wish to participate in the internship
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Arabic
· Flexible schedule, working 10-15 hours per week in NM office.
· Maturity to take initiative and work independently
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Must be detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy
· Ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible and adjust to changing priorities
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Proficiency Photoshop, InDesign, and other relevant computer programs preferred
· Ability to explore new technologies and quickly acquire new tech skills
· General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual communications
· Experience with graphic design and/or html is a plus
· Interest in non-profit organizations
· Strong personal interest in Nahdet El Mahrousa’s mission
· minimum 3-months commitment
· To increase the student's knowledge and abilities in nonprofit public relations, marketing, web development, and outreach in preparation for a career in the field.
· Gain work experience in a successful non-profit organization.
· Develop professional skills implementing a volunteer program.
· Gain professional contacts.
· Enjoy working with a team and accomplishing common goals.
· NM offers a comfortable, creative work environment that welcomes diversity.
· This is a unpaid part-time internship
· Estimated weekly hours are 10- 15 hours per week (schedule is flexible, but most days will require a minimum of ½ hour, to keep the communication constant)
· Intern can work remotely, on his/her own computer