The Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet outreach strategies and reflect the organization (and its individual projects) brand identity. Creation of design solutions, from concept to completion, in a wide range of graphic applications including: websites, collateral materials, event banners, publications, advertising and sales/advancement materials, and our brand identities.
The Graphic Designer plays a lead role on any given project and may also assist the Director of Marketing to create concepts, comps, layouts and final art. He/she presents visual solutions to internal projects and helps communicate strategies behind design ideas and executions. He/she also assists the Marketing Director to help keep center specific projects on track.
● You will be responsible for typesetting 10–25 publications a year that are available for free download and physical printed books. You will be responsible for typesetting the books and designing the covers. You may also be asked to design email campaigns for some or all of them
● You will also be asked to typeset a full-color annual publication which requires some new content and photographs each year as well as many smaller books for both download and print.
● You will liaise with the printers during publication of material.
● You may be required to help in the research, proof and editing of the publication.
● You will be asked to periodically design a new website, redesign previous websites and make minor updates to existing websites.
● You must be able to design email campaigns.
● We host events and ceremonies which must be promoted before and after the event. You will need to design the brochures, banners and other branding material for them.
1. BS/BA in Graphic Design (or related field) or 5 years experience in graphic and web design.
2. Experience with new media and internet design and usability principles. Strong HTML and CSS skills are desirable.
3. Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
4. English fluency: Must be a strong communicator, have good written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills. Fluent Arabic is a plus, but not required.
5. Successfully juggling and re-prioritizing multiple assignments in a fast-paced, changing work environment with the ability to adjust and provide appropriate action when unanticipated needs arises.
6. Reliable follow-through on assigned projects in a complete, well conceived and timely manner.
7. Experience in typesetting and publishing printed material.
8. Proficiency with industry standard office and design productivity applications (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Mailchimp, Google Drive, gmail) and other technology as appropriate to efficiently lead the function.
9. Must be able to comply with institutional policies and procedures.
HOW TO APPLY
To learn more about this opportunity please email your CV and portfolio