All candidates must include a portfolio link with the application
Vision: Advancing the world's human capital
What do we do? SkillAcademy is developing a Software as a Service which will help companies train their people more effectively and efficiently by leveraging existing massive open online courses (aka MOOCs).
SkillAcademy has an opening for full-stack guru excited about web design outside the lines of templates.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in a team thrilled to push online education to the next level.
If you are not a template designer, love to think outside the norm with your UI/UX skills and have a portfolio to prove it, this is your opportunity!
Your Key Responsibilities:
- User experience: create a seamless interaction between users and sites
- Visual design: decide on color, layout, topography and graphics
- Frontend development: implement the functionality of the product features
Your Key roles:
- Interview potential customers and users to understand customer needs
- Brainstorm product features to fit user needs
- Develop low and high fidelity mockups to validate the need for the product features
- Identify data points to track with Google Analytics to know what to improve in the next iteration
- A salary between EGP 6,000 and 9,000 depending on experience
- 1-5% vested equity in the startup with a six-month cliff (Read more about what “vested equity” and “cliffs” mean)
- An opportunity to work at the forefront of a new technological innovation solving a seriously big problem globally
- Become part of the buzzing technology community of the GrEEK Campus at the heart of downtown
- Access to startup events locally, regionally, and internationally such as TechCrunch
- Sponsored cutting-edge paid online courses to advance your technical skillset and brush-up your business acumen
- Solid 1-3 years experience with UI/UX design principles
- Serious about interviewing customers and beta users for feedback and "customer development"
- Experience in translating ideas into mockups
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience with Interaction Design, and Product Design
- Experience with design tools (Photoshop, Balsamic...etc)
- Solid understanding of MOOCs and online education trends
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus
- Non-stop learning: a thrive to continuously learn and discover new paradigms and tools
- Culture fit: the word "impossible" simply doesn't exist in your dictionary. We love to dream and we act on it, pretty fast
- Passion: ridiculous excitement about the rising trend of online education. You almost have to be crazy to believe that it’s going to replace traditional education. We believe so and we’re making it happen
- Hustle: the entrepreneurial mindset that doesn’t make you take "No" for an answer. You act more than you plan. You’re biased to completion rather than perfection. You’re agile, adaptive and hungry for 20% growth week-on-week