Freelance Graphic Designer And Typesetter With Arabic Specialism30-07-2014
- عمل حر
- مكان الإقامة: المملكة المتحدة
- المهارات :
- ميزانية العمل : غير مقرر
- سنوات الخبرة : 6-10
Role Title: Freelance Graphic Designer with specialist knowledge in ME (Middle East)
Adobe Creative Suite and Arabic language
Location: Grand Union Canal, West Drayton, Greater London. Must be based in UK and be willing to work on site at our studio.
The Company: Incorporated in 2008, we are a boutique graphic design company specialising
in digital, print and marketing material for the Middle East. We have particular
expertise in typography and Arabic calligraphy. We are looking for a special
candidate with previous agency experience to contribute to ID’s inspiring and
stimulating working environment.
The Role: This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and
may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The position
will involve creative direction and developing visual concepts for client
pitches. Typical duties include:
· Coming up with design concepts/treatments that fit the client's needs.
· Creating final designs, working to a deadline and budget.
· Amending designs according to the clients' final comments.
· Proofreading and preparing designs to be sent to print.
· You must be capable of executing projects with minimal direction from
an art director.
· You should have a firm understanding of all levels of production and be
capable of contributing to the design of a project.
· Comfortable working face to face or via Skype with international,
culturally diverse clients.
· Taking a responsible and meticulous approach to computer file
management and safe keeping by carefully naming and organising files
as well as performing regular back ups.
· Strong computer skills. Essential to have advanced knowledge of Apple
Mac and Adobe Creative Suite Middle East software. Also needs to be
highly proficient in Microsoft applications, Google Docs, Basecamp,
Harvest and iCalendar.
· Preferably should have at least 3 solid years professional work
experience working in an established design studio/agency
· Candidates need to have a creative flair, originality and strong visual
· Able to balance great design with meeting short deadlines.
· Be good at solving problems and taking the initiative to search and find
· Be able to communicate directly with clients so must have good written
and verbal communication skills.
· You must be able to manage your time well and work efficiently.
· The ability to grasp client needs and consider practical solutions.
· You should practice care and attention in every aspect of your role.
· The capability to balance work on several projects at a time.
· Good team working skills.
· An awareness of the competitive business environment in which they
· Knowledge of the latest trends - including responsive web design and
design for mobile.
· Taking on responsibility for your own actions as well as those of others
and aiming to pull together towards a common goal.
· You should be able to think laterally and beyond expectations or
· It is essential to have knowledge of the Muslim World and Arabic
· It is not essential but desirable if the candidate has an interest in
photography or illustration and new developments in design software.
· Are confident to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
· It is essential to have good organisational skills and the ability to remain
calm and professional under pressure.
Please include your CV and portfolio with your application. Also please be prepared to share letters
of recommendation that support your skills in all the required areas.