The position entails autonomously producing highly creative and analytical graphic and web design output using UI/UX design concepts, with experience in one or more of these areas: Infographics, Illustration, Animation, and photo-manipulation. The design output needs to be fitting to the Visualizing Impact brand while enriching the VI creative output and process.
Job level and position scope
This is a mid-level position, requiring at least 2 years of experience in design production with track record in UI/UX work.
The job is a full time position based on a two-month trial period, after which a long term contract will be discussed.
1. Design for web, this includes conceptualizing and writing detailed briefs for web applications, structuring platforms, responsive interface design and optimization with user testing, detailed user experience design and a thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
2. Produce visual content, this entails coming up with powerful visual concepts, drawing on a personal engagement with design theory and practice across disciplines (eg. Infographics, illustration, graphic design, film making, motion graphics, web designs, and mobile applications) and producing the final visuals (infographics, motion graphics, animations, web designs, and mobile applications) independently and in collaboration with other designers.
3. Enhance VI creative content, through research and references, and also through closely following leaders in the field.
4. Produce visual concepts through ideas, sketches, storyboards, wireframes, and designs using strong technical proficiency in design programs.
5. Collaborate on process, where the VI team is a multidisciplinary team and the designer takes part in the VI development and production process. This includes visualizing output from research, storytelling, and branding brainstorms.
6. Mentor VI’s junior designers.
This role requires at least 2 years of experience in design production with track record in UI/UX work. The candidate needs to be passionate about design and problem solving, a team player, organized, hardworking, and efficient, and has an inspiring creative vision with above average communication skills. Proficiency in English is required. Comprehension of the Arabic text is required.
VI has a strong preference for candidates with diverse design skills such as (but not limited to) graphic design, UI/UX design, illustration, animation, photo-manipulation, and typography.
This job requires the candidate to be based in the VI office in Beirut. A base in Amman, in Montreal or Toronto may be considered in very limited cases.
The applicant is expected to use his or her own laptop computer. Printer, scanner and stationary are available at the office.
Remuneration will be disclosed upon application.