The Graphics and Visual Communications Designer will be required to work 9am - 6pm on tasks related to designing websites, posters, leaflets, as well as series of fund-raising projects we organize (for which Tech Tribes will require advertising posters, leaflets, information packages, website widgets, T-shirts and other product design interfaces, graphic communication for exhibition design, psycho-geography graphics).
The Graphics and Visual Communications Designer will:
● Create interactive designs, layouts, color branding for a variety of products and project activities, such as the Tech Tribes, U-CAN, Wselet, 7arkashat and AnaDigital websites, newsletters, factsheets, annual reports, posters, pamphlets, illustrations, infographics, banners, product packaging, symposium / workshop/ seminar backdrops, and any other tasks related to the creation of corporate communications and visual identity;
● Create a visual identity for the U-CAN Network, including, but not limited to, logos, typefaces, posters, brochures, stationary, and social media platforms.
● Be able to propose innovative and creative ideas in graphic design related to community projects,
● Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type,
● Design and layout images for front-end of databases and for websites;
● Interpret Tech Tribes’ business development needs and develop concepts to suit the organizational objectives,
● Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research,
● Use innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time,
● Present finalized ideas and concepts to Executive Director for approvals,
● Work with a wide range of media, including photography and computer-aided design (CAD),
● Proof-read design content to produce accurate and high-quality work,
● Work with project staff and researchers to plan and produce infographics for various projects,
● Work on layouts and publication pages ready for print,
● Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs such as QuarkXPress, FreeHand, Illustrator, Photoshop, 3ds Max, Acrobat, Director, Dreamweaver and Flash,
● Initiate ideas and campaigns to promote the image and work of Tech Tribes;
● Prepare Tech Tribes’ publications for print and where necessary liaise with editors and printers to ensure quality publications;
● Work with and assist a team of copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, web developers and marketing specialists on design related issues
● Develop and maintain a detailed project design schedule that includes administrative tasks.
● Working closely with the Project Director and the Communications for change intern, Help coordinate and design the production of the Tech Tribes Monthly/ quarterly newsletter
● Support Tech Tribes staff, trainers and educators in preparing, designing and delivering any training material and promotional packets.
● Create a basic model of monitoring and evaluation for the project.
● Collect, compile and design project news and success stories for publication.
● Help organize logistics for training and non-formal education sessions and the final conference.
● Work with other project staff to coordinate all aspects of project operations.
● Any other tasks as requested by supervisor.