The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Almost 5 years into the Syrian conflict, the IRC continues to assist Syrian refugees, host communities, and those who remain inside Syria. We provide critical aid, ensure access to legal protections, and focus on the safety and empowerment of women and girls.
Scope of Work
The graphic designer will work with IRC’s Syria Regional Response team to take design projects from the initial concept stage through to project completion and delivery of final, editable files. Working under the direction of the Amman-based Regional Content and Information Officer, the contractor will:
• Design and layout print and digital publications;
• Use IRC-approved data, written content, and images to produce infographics and data visualization products.
Tentative Deliverables (subject to change during contractual period)
1. Standard country program overview template
2. Standard program fact sheet template (e.g., education in Iraq)
3. Public affairs training package (including 1 PowerPoint document and companion forms, checklists, and protocols)
4. Maps, infographics, and data visualization products (up to 5)
5. Social media graphics (up to 5)
• 2 – 4 years of professional graphic design experience;
• Experience with non-governmental (NGO) clients.
• Experience with UN agencies or government clients.
Terms of Contract
• February 21, 2016 to July 21, 2016;
• All work must adhere to IRC brand guidelines;
• Multiple, simultaneous projects on different timelines;
• Flexibility with revisions;
• Work must be submitted in editable and printable formats. File formats that IRC uses include Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office applications;
• Payment will be made by deliverable.