We are an innovative, new, early-stage technology startup with a unique offering in the online gifts space. We
have funding in place, lofty goals and big plans for our future. This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix
of leadership, passion, energy, experience, business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature.
Candidates must have prior experience working at startups.
As the UI/UX Designer, you will turn interfaces into rich user experiences, working with our team as you model user
behavior, create wireframes, and design interface concepts and graphic layouts.
The ideal candidate will have a strong graphic designer portfolio and experience driving the UI/UX direction of a
successful startup in the MENA region.
Candidates should be highly competent, results-oriented, have exceptional communications skills, a proven track
record of success, and be solid team players. All applicants must be ready to start immediately.
• Drive visual design experience based upon user data, research, best practices and consumer needs for a
given capability and persona(s)
• Drive the development and communication of user design process
• Apply data research and team product expertise to create interactive designs that deliver relevant and
engaging experiences for personas
• Perform rapid prototyping to validate the business and customer goals, usability and feasibility of a new
product idea in collaboration with the product team
• Validate design by participating in user testing and iterates or pivots based upon the user test results
• Create engaging, usable, and effective designs that meet user centric goals
• Serve as the subject matter expert, develop style guides, and policies for web design for the
Omnichannel department, in partnership with Site Operations and Brand Marketing teams
• Provide visual design assets required for Usability testing
• Partner with IT to provide product assets and visual designs as required following AGILE methodology (e.g.
HTML and CSS)
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
• 4+ years of experience in User Experience Design (UX) and user-centered design principles (UCD), to
include User Interface Design (UI)
• Ability to solve all sorts of design challenges with creativity, efficiency and precision; a full stack designer
(interaction, usability, graphic, iOS, Android, front-end design, HTML, CSS)
• Skilled at building original web sites and applications focused on user experience
• Strong visual design skills: Latest trends, color and typography
• Strong interaction design skills and advanced knowledge of design software: wireframing, prototyping,
HTML5, CSS3, Photoshop, Axure
• A passion for semantic mark-up and standards
• Demonstrated custom web design skills that show creativity beyond applying third-party templates.
• Prior experience with a MENA-based startup or design agency preferred
• Self-motivated with the ability to meet and exceed position requirements under minimal direction and
supervision, independently and within a team setting
• Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving, and creative thinking skills, along with the
ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Ability to analyze, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts to make effective business
• Maintain the customer’s perspective as a driving force behind business decisions and activities
• Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail and meet critical deadlines within a high volume,
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with
individuals at various levels, both internally and externally
• Extraordinary work ethic
• Develops original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
• Takes initiative. Doesn't wait to be asked
• Ability to quickly grasp concepts/ideas, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment as a team
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite; including but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
Position could be part-time for the right candidate.