UNESCO Design Contest
Calling all Jordanian Designers! UNESCO Amman presents a Design Contest for Handmade Objects!
The contest in partnership with Al-Housh offers a unique opportunity for all aspiring designers to compete for a prestigious award by presenting an innovative design of hand-made pieces to be manufactured by a local community empowerment project.
The designs must be:
- Made by an individual Jordanian designer and not an organization or firm
- Inspired by Jordanian culture and heritage
- Can be executed by local artisans or through a community empowerment project
- Based mostly on natural and/or recycled materials; submissions using locally available materials are encouraged
The designs could be made of the following materials:
- Rugs and weaving
- Natural fibers (banana and palm leaves, straw, wicker, paper etc.)
- Embroidery, sewing, knitting
- Silver and brass/copper work
- Sand art
Click HERE to apply!